CUNA Mutual Group Foundation
Since 1967, the CUNA Mutual Group Foundation has invested more than $43 million into the communities that we live in and serve.
The Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) organization and serves as the philanthropic arm of CUNA Mutual Group.
Statement on Social Justice Commitment
The CUNA Mutual Group Foundation is committed to equity. We stand against racism and stand for social justice. We are intentional and strategic with our investments. We support organizations and programs that create real structural and systemic change in underrepresented and marginalized communities. We are the CUNA Mutual Group Foundation.
Supporting Our Community
For us to make the greatest measurable impact, our focus is in three key investment areas with equity at the core:
Making Good Happen
In 2021, the CUNA Mutual Group Foundation donated $7.9 million dollars to support more than 94 community partners and organizations, which also includes several credit union foundations. The Foundation also actively supports and participates in the credit union movement, fully embracing the cooperative philosophy of “people helping people.”
- 1619 Freedom School
- Amani Community Services
- American India Foundation
- American Red Cross - Southwest Wisconsin
- Anana Elementary School
- Association For India's Development
- Badger Rock Middle School
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Cedar Valley Inc
- The Beacon
- Cedar Valley Friends of the Family
- Center for Black Excellence
- Center for Community Stewardship
- Centro Hispano of Dane County
- CEOs of Tomorrow
- Champions4Kids (First Tee)
- Common Wealth Development
- Community Educational Outreach, Inc.
- Community Shares
- Connextions, Inc.
- Cornerstone Credit Union Foundation
- Dear Diary
- Direct Relief
- Dr. Walter Cunningham
- East Madison Community Center
- End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
- Foundation for Black Women's Wellness
- Friends of UW Odyssey Project
- Give Back Foundation
- Goodman Community Center
- Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity of Dane Co
- Hamilton Middle School
- HORIZON HIGH SCHOOL
- HOUSE OF HOPE
- Infamous Mothers
- John Muir Elementary School
- Larrabee Center
- Latino Chamber of Commerce of Dane Co
- Leader Valley Foundation
- Lighthouse Christian School
- Little John's Kitchen
- Madison Area Food Pantry Gardens
- Madison Reading Project
- Madison Region Economic Partnership
- Maydm, Inc.
- Mentoring Positives
- Milestone Democratic School
- Mission Central Metroplex
- National Credit Union Foundation
- Newbridge Madison, Inc
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank, Inc.
- Omega School
- Opportunities Credit Union
- Prairie View A&M University
- Rape Crisis Center
- Repairers of the Breach
- River Food Pantry
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Madison
- Safe Harbor Child Advocacy Center, Inc
- Sewa International, Inc.
- Simpson Street Free Press
- Starting Block Madison
- Successlink, Inc
- Team Rubicon
- The Arc of the United States - WI Chapter
- The Job Foundation
- The Road Home of Dane County
- Mayors for a Guaranteed Income Madison
- UNICEF USA
- Waverly-Shell Rock Area United Way
- United Way of Central Kansas
- United Way of Dane County
- UNI-Center for Urban Education
- Urban League of Greater Madison
- Urban Triage
- Vera Court Neighborhood Center
- Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund
- Wise Women Gathering Place
- YMCA of Dane Co.
- YWCA Madison
Giving In 2021
Community Giving Campaign
Grant & Sponsorship Requests
The CUNA Mutual Group Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) and is the philanthropic arm of CUNA Mutual Group. Efforts of the Foundation center around building equity in the communities we live in and serve with a focus on three (3) areas of greatest need to help address the racial and socioeconomic disparities that exist in our communities – and, most importantly, that often prevent people from getting ahead financially.
Our three focus areas:
- Economic security
- Emergency aid
Please note the following requirements:
- Requests must align with one of the three focus areas
- Cannot be associated with a congregation or political organization
- Grants and Sponsorship investments made through CUNA Mutual Group and its Foundation must align with our organization’s focus on equity and our three focus areas
What is the difference between a Grant and a Sponsorship?
Grant: a gift from the CUNA Mutual Group Foundation which allows us to receive named recognition but no other benefits from our financial support.
Sponsorship: a contribution from CUNA Mutual Group that may provide us with named recognition, marketing/advertising opportunities, admission to events, etc.
Please ensure you apply for the appropriate program.
Visit our Giving Back page to learn more about our impact in the communities where we live and work.
2022 Deadlines and Timelines
Thank you for your interest in receiving funding from CUNA Mutual Group and the CUNA Mutual Group Foundation.
Please note that we are no longer accepting requests for the 2022 cycle.
If you have applied for funding and haven't heard back yet, someone from our team will be in touch no later than December 16, 2022.
We will reopen the portal in January 2023. Stay tuned to this page for updates!
For all questions, please contact the Corporate Social Responsibility team.
CUNA Mutual Group is a company headquartered in Madison, WI and present in all fifty (50) states. While Madison, Wisconsin and Dane County – where our corporate headquarters and highest percentage of our employees are located – continues to receive the majority of our annual funding, the company is also focused on supporting organizations working to reduce and eliminate the racial and socioeconomic disparities that exist in all of our communities.
- Skip to Main Content
- Awards and Recognition
- Contact Information
- CUNA Mutual Group Foundation
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Financial Information
- Giving Back
- Our Values
- Stronger Together
- Where We Stand on Social Justice
Join our Team!
Check out the career opportunities available on our Careers page.